All students in Kindergarten and Grade 1 will be assigned an iPad Mini. Classroom teachers and specialists (art, music, physical education and library) will be provided with an iPad Mini as well. Below are guidelines for iPad Mini care. As appropriate, teachers will work with students to understand the best ways to care for a personal digital device.
- Only use a clean, soft cloth to clean the screen. Please do not use cleaners of any type including window cleaners, household cleaners, aerosol sprays, solvents, alcohol, ammonia or abrasive materials.
- iPads should be cleaned regularly, as needed. Supplies can be acquired through the computer technicians.
- It is appropriate for students to learn how to clean their iPad.
- Cords and cables must be inserted carefully into the iPad to prevent damage.
- Place iPads in the secure charging cart at the end of the day. Lock the cart.
- Waiting to charge the iPad until the charge is low (20%) extends the battery life.
- The iPad screens can be damaged if subjected to rough treatment such as dropping on a hard surface.
- Avoid leaning on the top of the iPad.
- Do not place anything near the iPad that could put pressure on the screen
- Avoid using any sharp objects on the iPad.
- iPads must remain free of any writing, drawing, stickers or labels that are not place on the iPad by the computer technician.
- iPads should remain in the protective cases.
- Each case and iPad is identifiable. Please do not remove any school ID tags or labels.
- iPads should remain in the protective case.
- Each iPad has the ability to be remotely located. Modifying, disabling or attempting to disable the locator is a violation of Policy 815 – Acceptable Use of Technology and the Internet.
- Each iPad is labeled with a unique identification number. Please do not remove the label.
- Each student in Kindergarten and Grade 1 is assigned a specific iPad. Individuals should only use the iPad assigned to them.
- If an iPad fails to work or is damaged, children should report the problem to a teacher who will then report the problem to the computer technician.