Teaching and Learning 2020 (TL2020) is an initiative of the Salisbury Township School District located in Allentown, PA. TL2020 is the next phase in the development of teaching and learning that started in our district with TL2014. TL2020 builds on our successes at transforming teaching and learning through technology. The initiative offers increased learning opportunities by providing a personal computing device for each student (1:1), Kindergarten through Grade 12.
- Kindergarten and Grade 1 – iPad Mini – available in school
- Grade 2 – Grade 5 – Macbook Pro – available in school
- Grade 6 – Grade 12 – Macbook Pro – available in school and at home
TL2020.org is the primary communication tool for teachers, students, parents and community about all things TL2020! Links to documents, forms and important information about digital devices for students and parents/guardians appear across the top of the page. Look for fresh content about student work and TL2020 news to appear on the main page.
TL2020 has as its stated goals:
- Transformed teaching and learning, guided by the SAMR framework as measured by classroom walkthroughs, observations, surveys and other sources.
- Increased occurrences of higher level thinking, guided by Webb’s Depths of Knowledge (DOK) as measured by classroom walkthroughs, observations, surveys and other sources.
- Increased opportunities for all students to benefit from online and blended learning opportunities in all content areas including courses/content developed by Salisbury staff.
- Increase opportunities for all students to develop and practice literacies that provide readiness for college and career in our interconnected world.
Samuel P. DeFrank, Vice-President
Robert J. Kulp
Dr. Randy Ziegenfuss, Superintendent
Mrs. Lynn Fuini-Hetten, Assistant Superintendent
Mr. Robert Bruchak, Board Secretary
Mrs. Tracey Jacobi, Director of Special Education
Mr. Michael Vacaro, Supervisor of Special Education
Mr. Ross Cooper, Supervisor of Instructional Practice
Mr. Christopher Smith, Coordinator of Technology
Ms Heather Morningstar, Principal, Salisbury High School
Mr. Brian Mushchlitz, Assistant Principal, Salisbury High School
Mr. Ken Parliman, Principal, Salisbury Middle School
Mr. Rob Sawicki, Assistant Principal, Salisbury Middle School
Dr. Grace Hartman, Principal, Western Salisbury Elementary School
Mr. Zachary Brem, Principal, Harry S. Truman Elementary School