Falcon Apps can be accessed at http://www.salisburysd.org. Each student and staff member has a unique login and password. Contact your building computer technician if you need login assistance.
Falcon Apps (Google Apps for Education) is a set of online tools for communication, collaboration, time-management, and document storage. Provided by Google at no cost to the District, these tools include:
- Gmail: a fully functioning e-mail program
- Calendar: a customizable calendar and to-do list
- Contacts: an address book
- Google Drive: word processing, spreadsheet, presentation and drawing programs that allow multi-user access and editing. Google Drive also provides 30 GB of file storage. (Visit this page – Backing Up Data to Google Drive – to learn more about how to back up your files.
- Sites: a web-page design tool
- Groups: a fully functioning threaded discussion tool
- Aviary: a set of image and audio creation and editing tools
- BrainPop: Animated curricular videos
- Many other Google Tools!
The District’s primary reasons for supplying these tools to students are:
- To provide our students with practice in using current technology applications and tools, including e-mail, word processing, spreadsheet use, survey development, graphics use and slide show creation
- To provide students with planning and time management tools to develop 21st century skills
- To facilitate “paperless” communication and transfer of work between students and teachers
- To provide adequate (30 GB) long-term storage space for student work
- To help students work collaboratively, engage in peer-editing of documents, and publishing for a wider audience
- Google Apps Security Policy – Key points: It’s our content, not Google’s. Google doesn’t look at our content. Google doesn’t share our content.
- Google Apps Education Center – This is an online learning environment dedicated to educators and students to learn how to effectively use Google Apps in an educational context.
Contact Chris Smith (firstname.lastname@example.org), Coordinator of Technology with questions.