These procedures will be followed for the use of loaner digital devices (laptop computers and iPad Minis).
- Priority for use of loaner devices will always be students/teachers with devices in repair.
- There will be loaner devices in each building.
- All loaner devices will be maintained in the library.
- All loaner devices will be inventoried in Destiny, the library management system.
- At the discretion of the principal and/or assistant principal, available loaner devices may be used for substitutes and instructional assistants as needed. Devices must be checked out through Destiny to maintain a record of use. If devices are available, Substitutes may check one out for the instructional day. Instructional assistants may check out a laptop for completing necessary tasks (i.e. email, logs) related to job duties, if a device is available.
- All devices must be checked out only by the librarian or the library instructional assistant.
- Whether a student, teacher, substitute or instructional assistant, the user must sign or initial receipt and return of the device.
- Upon check-in, the librarian or library instructional Assistant should notify the computer technician of any issues with the device.
- Devices will be pulled by the computer technician from the loaner inventory for new enrollments and students/teachers with devices in repair. Devices will be added to the loaner inventory by the computer technician when students withdrawal from school.